Best LA Website - You have to check this out!

It has everything you need to know about LA and more!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Music

Music is a big part in my life. I always need my ipod somewhere around me at all times. I'm very open-minded when it come to music. Since my parents were born in Armenia, and 1 grandparent from both my Mom's and Dad's side were were born in Greece, I know, and love, a lot of International music, but not only Armenian and Greek. My parents passed down their love of Russian, Italian, French, Arabic, Turkish etc. down to me. But my favorite genre of music is Hip Hop/Rap. I don't listen to too much mainstream rap (what they were saying made no sense), so I turned to underground rap (which in a lot of cases has equally dumb lyrics). But there are some songs (mainstream and underground) that really have a good message and makes sense. A recent song would be Lupe Fiasco's, the Show Goes On. And I found this one guy on youtube who has 2 really "real" songs. The guy's name is Don Trip (I don't his real name). And the songs are letter to my son and power trip. Really good stuff.
Here are the songs:




The reason I like the song letter to my son and underground music in general is because they say what is on their mind. They don't have the FCC, Government, etc. regulate what they say. The music is more to the heart and is most of the times relevant to real life. And as a bonus, if you're underground, you're not famous, so you're going to try hard to be on top, which is why in almost every sport, art, music, etc. career the person's beginning years are their best. When you already have a fan base, a record deal, and money, what else is their that you would want? But when it comes down to it, for me, if the song sounds good, I'll listen.

 Comment on what you thought of the songs and tell me what songs you recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment